Monday 9 June 2014

Haberdashery Haul!

Hi everyone!

So last week I went to my local haberdashery shop after hearing about their sale where EVERYTHING was half price - you can probably understand my excitement! Unfortunately, their sale was clearly no secret as there wasn't a lot left, but I still managed to find a few bargains...

First, I found some gorgeous apple green wool - Sidar Snuggly Baby Bamboo double knitting wool. It is so soft and lovely to crochet with; I'm using it to crochet a cushion, so I will post that on here once I finish it.  I bought two balls for just £3.45 which was such a bargain when the quality is so good.


I then found some light blue polyester thread (a bit boring I know, so I won't go on too much about it) from Gutermann so that I can make the bag in Cath Kidston's 'Sew!' book... I usually only get my thread from Gutermann as I find it is reasonably priced (I got it for 90p instead of £1.60) and also good quality as it doesn't break easily like cheaper threads.


I also bought some of this grey pom pom trimming - I got three metres for £2.40, so that was another bargain! I just think it would be so lovely edging a pretty vintage fabric cushion or the hem of a simple skirt to jazz it up a bit.


Finally, I got two reels of ribbon and one of lace - for a total of £4.90 (were £3.20 each). The first is some very pretty lace (12mm x 5m), then some ribbon with a vintage style bee print (15mm x 5m), and then a blue floral one (again 15mm x 5m). I love using ribbon and lace on cushions, cards and hanging hearts, so I like to have a good stash!

 

Hope you enjoyed this post! More to come next week...

Helen xx

No comments:

Post a Comment